Valorant’s first update for Act 2 is here! Riot Games rolled out the patch slightly out of schedule, mostly because of the week-long break at the devs.
Patch 1.06 officially dropped on August 20, featuring in-game bug fixes, balancing tweaks, among others.
Episode 1: Act 2
Valorant’s Episode 1: Act 2 was met with lots of anticipation and brought chances to the game’s casual and ranked play. It also saw the release of a new Agent, Killjoy.
However, just like every other game patch, it didn’t launch without problems and issues.
Some players were quick to exploit Killjoy’s abilities, particularly one where she’s able to do an apparent “wallhack” turret exploit.
In this particular exploit, the agent can place her turrets under the map, which then technically gives her a “wallhack.” Devs were quick to confirm they’re working on the issue as soon as possible, though.
Along with the bugs and glitches after the Act 2 update, Riot confirmed other changes in response to player feedback and developer plans.
Valorant updates are usually released every Tuesday. However, a planned break for the game’s developers pushed the patch 1.06 schedule on Thursday instead (August 20).
Valorant update 1.06 Patch Notes
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it’s safe to look again
All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there’s been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player’s HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between 3 or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3 way tie for 2nd would show 4TH PLACE instead of 2ND PLACE (TIED)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘
’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battlepass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.